Sunday, February 20, 2011

How much would postage be if I buy 2? ebay Questions & Answer

It was late one night when the question came through my ebay message center.  I was tired and getting ready for bed.  I had answered this question 50 times correctly, and still forced myself to learn a hard lesson.

The item weighed 1lb 8oz without, so 2 would have been around 3lbs.  thinking quickly i responded:
"Shouldn't add more than a couple of dollars to the shipping. So I will include shipping on the second for free.
If you like this than purchase but do not pay until I modify and send a revised invoice. Thank you for your interest and have a great night."


The next day they made the purchase for 2 items.  Guess where I was Shipping to?


Australia - Quite possibly the most expense place to ship an item to.


The correct answer to the question if you haven't guessed yet, 


"Send me your Address and I will give you a quote."


It didn't turn out so bad.  Shipping for the first one was $20.47 and by taping the to retail boxes together and wrapping in 50lb paper I was able to keep the overall shipping wieght under 4Lbs.  This enabled me to ship via first class international for $27.35.  (so it cost me an additional $7.12 for the second item)  However the item was only a $19,99 sale, so I really sold it for $12.87.


All in all it could have turned out much worse.  Plus I won't forget the lesson anytime soon.
hopefully you can learn from my experience instead of by means of the "2X4 Club.


Good Luck and God Bless.  


Todd C Owen
123maketime.com
Owatonna MN 55060


For more 2X4 club lessons :) stop back anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment