Monday, February 21, 2011

Ebay Shipping Guidelines For Best Rates

Over the past several months I have talked to many individuals in my small town of Owatonna MN about selling on ebay.  In my conversations I have found shipping to be one of the top reasons preventing people from selling on ebay.

How do I ship my item? Who should I ship through, USPS or UPS Ground?  Where do I get boxes, packaging and supplies.

Well here it is my little cheat sheet.  I hope it helps.
****Treat these as general rules, and remember with a rule always comes exeptions.*****




Ebay Shipping Basics
Exeptions Apply when shipping to Zone 1 (Zone nearest you.)

Domestic
0 to 13oz   First Class Mail USPS
14oz – 4lbs Priority Mail 
-84” max length plus girth
4lbs – 70lbs UPS Ground    *note sometimes it is cheaper to ship Parcel Post in this category expecialy when length plus girth exeeds 84”

International
0-4lbs First Class International USPS
*Create label by copy and pasting address in Word Doc.
*Fill out Customs Declaration CN 22 *Pay at post office.
4lbs – 70lbs
-UPS Standard to Canada - Requires form
-Priority Mail International *Print Forms through paypal on regular paper
* Create label by copy and pasting address in Word Doc.


Tune in for my next blog will be on packaging and postal supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment